Historic property Charlie_lewis_sawmill image.

The entrepreneurial Charlie ‘Pop’ Lewis and wife Linda operated a ground sawmill, a box factory fabricating fish crates and a cement tile making enterprise. Their mill was the last survivor of the once thriving mill industry. Subsequent owners James and Sue Ragan re-opened the mill in 1946, ran it until the 1960s, then closed it for the last time to build a marina in the harbor area to serve the growing number of visiting yachtsmen.