A beautiful house with a winding staircase and wrap around porch graced by fourteen oak columns once stood on this spot, now owned by Ned Delamar Jr. and his family. That house burned down in 1934 when Ned was fourteen. On the now empty lot next door, stood the town’s first dedicated post office. Ned’s grandfather, Paul, served as Oriental’s postmaster. Years later when Ned and his bride were looking for a suitable home, his father offered to move the old post office onto the foundation of Ned’s childhood home, remodel it, and use five of the original porch columns.
https://visitonc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/historic-properties-images/Delamar_House_606.jpg 197 262 Visit ONC https://visitonc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2018/07/visitonc-header-logo.png Visit ONC2018-09-09 22:22:552018-09-09 22:39:58Delamar House