This house was built by Louis Midyette as a hotel and was operated by his son Will. It was covered outside with shingles, which were pointed in the gable area. It was affectionately called the ‘Croaker House’ because of the number of fried croaker meals it served. A summerhouse near the river’s edge attracted locals and visitors to watch the ‘Carolina Moon’ rise over the Neuse. In 1990 the fading old landmark was demolished. there was another street running parallel to the river near this pot, which was created when the breakwater was built. Four houses and a sandy beach were washed away in the hurricane of 1933 and the river absorbed the street.
https://visitonc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/historic-properties-images/lost-block.jpg 233 350 Visit ONC https://visitonc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2018/07/visitonc-header-logo.png Visit ONC2018-09-09 22:22:272018-09-09 22:39:59Louis and Will Midyette House (Tumble Inn)