This brick building, constructed under the WPA Program during the Depression, served several functions. It was the Town Hall, a courthouse and jail, and once housed the fire truck ‘The Becky Lou.’ The Lighthouse and Light Plant building on the left was built in 1899. The town lights were turned off at 9pm to conserve electricity. During World War II an upper bedroom served as an observation post/ Local citizens used the compass rose stenciled on the floor to plot positions of foreign aircraft.
https://visitonc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/historic-properties-images/Old_Town_Hall.jpg 197 350 Visit ONC https://visitonc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2018/07/visitonc-header-logo.png Visit ONC2018-09-09 22:22:212018-09-09 22:39:59Old Town Hall