In 1907 the Norfolk Southern line extended to Oriental. One train, fondly called the ‘Swamp Lilly’, brought agricultural products and lumber from surrounding areas. These products, along with processed food from the canneries, were transported by boat to points north and west. IN 2002 it was moved to its current site beside the bridge and restored. It is a focal point for visitors and boaters at the South Water Street Harbor.
https://visitonc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/historic-properties-images/Railroad_Depot_Plaque.jpg 197 350 Visit ONC https://visitonc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2018/07/visitonc-header-logo.png Visit ONC2018-09-09 22:22:192018-09-09 22:39:59Railroad Depot