Built by W.B Ward, bookkeeper for the Roper Lumber Mill. This home was known as the Billy Ward House. The subsequent owner defaulted on the mortgage and in 1914 it was sold at auction on the courthouse steps for $50. In 1917 it was purchased by A.C Spruill and remained in the Spruill family until it was purchased in 1922 by Maude Delamar Walker. In 1948 she sold it to her younger son Richard Wells Walker who later wed Eula Mae Dees. Upon her passing in 2010, Mrs. Walker bequeathed the house, land and other properties to the Richard Wells Walker Scholarship Fund.
https://visitonc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/historic-properties-images/walker-house-map-350.jpg 233 350 Visit ONC https://visitonc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2018/07/visitonc-header-logo.png Visit ONC2018-09-09 22:23:132018-09-09 22:40:00Walker House